CSLA .NET

Vibrant discussion about CSLA .NET and using the framework to build great business applications.

Forum has moved

New location: CSLA .NET forum

CSLA .NET Resources:
  • CSLA .NET forum
  • CSLA .NET home page
  • HttpWebRequest.KeepAlive and remote DataPortal

rated by 0 users
    Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
    202 Posts
    Tim posted on Tue, May 12 2015 10:57 AM

WinRT app with CSLA 4.5.601.0 running on devices with WWAN hitting a remote DP in the DMZ (acting as a pass through to an internal app server). We're seeing occasional errors related to connections being closed:

WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

I see a lot of sites recommending setting HttpWebRequest.KeepAlive = false (default is true). I've not seen anything about this in the CSLA forum. Here's an MSDN post about it

Any thoughts on what the problem might be and whether this is something I should look into for our DP? Again, it is occasional, but occurs often enough that I'd like to figure out what the problem is, if possible.

Thanks,
    Tim

Tim

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
    2,279 Posts

Hi,

create your own dataportal client implementation and try this to see if it solves the issue. 

Jonny Bekkum, Norway CslaContrib Coordinator

Top 25 Contributor
    202 Posts
    Tim replied on Tue, May 12 2015 3:35 PM

Is there an example of doing this in the Using e-books? We're already overriding the ProxyFactory, so I assume it would be similar?

public class ProxyFactory : Csla.DataPortalClient.IDataPortalProxyFactory

Tim

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

Copyright (c) 2006-2014 Marimer LLC. All rights reserved.
    Email admin@lhotka.net for support.