Vibrant discussion about CSLA .NET and using the framework to build great business applications.
So how does Csla plays in this environment? If plays well, even better if you port Csla.Windows to Csla.WebGUI.
It's not fully tested. I'm trying to talk JonnyBee into publishing it on CslaContrib. In the mean time, you can grab the attached source and give it a shot.
You should build it against Csla 4.3.10 and Visual WebGUI 6.4.0d (two DLL, Gizmox.WebGUI.Common.dll and Gizmox.WebGUI.Forms.dll that aren't included).
Differences to Csla.Windows:
1) BusyAnimation is missing
2) BindingSourceHelper.cs showed a problem in GetChildBindingSources method that forced me to replace
foreach (System.ComponentModel.Component component in container.Components)
foreach (IComponent component in container.Components)
3) all MessageBox.Show have extra parameters for
that are needed in order to get the usual WinForms dialog behaviour (needed on CslaActionExtender)
4) changes to CslaActionExtender as proposed on this forum post .
Forgot to mention:
1) It includes BindingSourceExtensions.cs that is part of CslaContrib.
2) It builds on the Server folder as it's a server technology (just like ASP.NET).
Tiago Freitas Leal, CslaGenFork (Open Source CSLA code generator)